Need help with automake install, gettext

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Fri Oct 12 09:35:37 PDT 2012

It installs fine for me with the same setup as you. Your problem is that you have files in /usr/local/ that are interfering with the build. We do not support having anything in /usr/local/ for this exact reason. Your workaround is to move the /usr/local/ directory to /usr/local.moved/ or whatever, clean the p5.12-locale-gettext port, and try again.

-Frank