Newb

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Wed Oct 24 12:46:19 PDT 2012

On Oct 24, 2012, at 1:34 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Oct 24, 2012, at 00:05, Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> So yeah virtualization is an option, with very limited performance since the VM 3D acceleration passthrough isn't so great.
>
> FWIW, both VMware and Parallels claim to have made great advances in their Windows 3D acceleration support.

Like bringing honey from freezer to room temperature? I haven't benchmarked any of it, but for general purpose (i.e. GPU accelerated GUI) it's quite fine. But the gamers are still not all gung ho about it, so I'd think video editing demands would be much the same or greater possibly.

I'm a big fan of VM - that's all I use on my Mac. It's vastly easier to setup, maintain, and is safer data integrity wise too. But I don't consider it so much from a performance perspective.

Chris Murphy