povray upgrade fails

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 09:27:14 PDT 2012

Today after doing 'port selfupdate' I ran 'port upgrade outdated'. The latter aborted after:

--->  Fetching archive for povray
--->  Attempting to fetch povray-3.6.1_7.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/povray
--->  Attempting to fetch povray-3.6.1_7.darwin_12.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/povray
--->  Fetching distfiles for povray
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for povray
--->  Extracting povray
--->  Applying patches to povray
--->  Configuring povray
--->  Building povray
Error: org.macports.build for port povray returned: command execution failed
Please see the log file for port povray for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_graphics_povray/povray/main.log
Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1

In the log, aside from many "deprecated" warnings, the first error listed is:

:info:build png_pov.cpp:170:19: error: member access into incomplete type 'png_struct' (aka 'png_struct_def')
:info:build           longjmp(png_ptr->jmpbuf,1);
:info:build                          ^

There were numerous other errors of the same kind.

Before I file a bug report … Anybody have information or suggestions about this.

---
Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912