macports not untar the tar files

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 3 18:01:29 PDT 2012

On Sep 3, 2012, at 09:06, nikos yiotis wrote:

> I uninstalled macports and all my ports and started from scratch
> Buiding OpenSceneGraph (the 3.0.1) hangs, I tried twice..

How long did you wait? OpenSceneGraph is a large port; depending on how fast your computer is, it could take hours to build.

> Moreover, all the dependencies installed are compressed

I don't understand what you mean. In what way are they compressed? How do you determine this?

On Sep 3, 2012, at 09:39, nikos yiotis wrote:

> as for OpenSceneGraph I installed the binaries from http://www.alphapixel.com/osg/downloads/free-openscenegraph-binary-downloads

You should either use MacPorts to manage your software, or install it manually by downloading from various places like the above. You should not mix and match these two strategies; they will interfere with one another.