SyCoCa - Fixing broken KDE apps

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Tue Sep 18 11:40:57 PDT 2012

> To the best of my understanding, this was not possible to apply this approach on the ports I am maintaining, because kbuildsycoca needs to be run at user level, and not system.

Oh, I see, Nicolas!
THAT would explain why I also ran into problems with my ports in the past, although I had introduced the post-activate thingy.

The question is now how it would be best arrange to initiate that system call for the user. It looks as if one would need to print out a reminder for the installing user to do that manually, I am afraid.

Greets,
Marko