anything in MacPorts to repair JPEG images?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 12:07:26 PDT 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 01:50:29PM -0400, Craig Treleaven wrote:

> How big is that file compared to a known-good file?

Broken:  655 kB to 761 kB
Working:  566 kB to 1 MB

> If the file is a reasonable size, maybe try GraphicConverter on it.
> Maybe ImageMagick has more tools; I don't know it at all.

I don't have a GraphicConverter in ports/graphics....  I'll try the
conversion routine in ImageMagick.  And here's what I got:

   (14:05) % convert dscn1950.jpg dscn1950.png
   convert: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment `dscn1950.jpg'
   @ warning/jpeg.c/JPEGWarningHandler/346.
   convert: Invalid JPEG file structure: two SOI markers `dscn1950.jpg' @
   warning/jpeg.c/JPEGErrorHandler/313.

Oh well.  At this point, it's taken as much time as these pics are worth
to me.

Thanks for the help, and getting me to take a closer look at
ImageMagick....

Later,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | DMR: So fsck was originally called

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html