Install MacPorts version of LaTeXML but MacTeX's TeXLive not MacPorts'?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Sep 28 12:51:02 PDT 2012

On Sep 28, 2012, at 14:22, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there some way to install the MacPorts port of LaTeXML _without_ installing the MacPorts port of texlive -- using, instead, an already-installed TeXLive 2012 that was part of MacTeX-2012?
>
> (I do have the complete TeXLive 2012 installed directly as part of MacTeX-2012. I don't want to confuse things, or unnecessarily waste space on my SSD boot drive, by having duplicate copies of texlive.)

The usual way to install a port that requires TeX, without installing TeX itself from MacPorts, is to ensure that the path to your TeX distribution is edited into the binpath variable in the macports.conf file. I don't know whether that works with the LaTeXML port specifically but it looks like it might.