unable to upgrade/build texlive-bin

Dan Ports dports at macports.org
Tue Apr 2 18:31:50 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 12:25:14PM +0200, MAS! wrote:
> I'm under mountain lion and I wish to upgrade texlive-bin (2012_5 < 2012_6) but it seems it goes in loop and eat all memory and even all 'swap', until the disk is full :-(

I'm seeing this now too (it's apparently specific to some combination
of clang/OS version, as I didn't before, and neither did the buildbot)

It looks like clang is choking badly on a character encoding problem in
makejvf.

I've opened http://trac.macports.org/ticket/38643 for this issue, and
just disabled building makejvf for now as a workaround (r104809).

Dan

--
Dan R. K. Ports                UW CSE                http://drkp.net/