boost installation missing log2?

Giovanni Azua bravegag at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 00:36:29 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have been using boost/cmake for a while now in my C++ programs. I would like to start using the boost log2 library but it is missing from all boost installations. Is this a separate installation? why is it not included in the main installation?

I include boost via cmake in my CMakeLists.txt like this:

## Boost
set(Boost_USE_STATIC_LIBS    ON)
set(Boost_USE_MULTITHREADED  ON)
set(Boost_USE_STATIC_RUNTIME OFF)
set(Boost_ADDITIONAL_VERSIONS "1.49.0" "1.50.0")
find_package( Boost REQUIRED COMPONENTS filesystem graph system program_options chrono log)
include_directories(${Boost_INCLUDE_DIRS})

And then I get the error:

/Users/bravegag/code/esn/build_debug$ make
CMake Error at /opt/local/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindBoost.cmake:1192 (message):
  Unable to find the requested Boost libraries.

  Boost version: 1.53.0

  Boost include path: /opt/local/include

  The following Boost libraries could not be found:

          boost_log

  Some (but not all) of the required Boost libraries were found.  You may
  need to install these additional Boost libraries.  Alternatively, set
  BOOST_LIBRARYDIR to the directory containing Boost libraries or BOOST_ROOT
  to the location of Boost.

Many TIA,
Best regards,
Giovanni