MacPorts wants to install apple-gcc42 on 10.6 all of a sudden?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 03:29:37 PDT 2013

Probably related to my previous question: ports now also seems to insist on using clang as its compiler, despite the fact that *once more* I did
> port select --set gcc gcc42

I already had to make /usr/bin/clang point to the 3.0 version that got installed with Xcode 4 to get other projects to build, but now I find that x264 fails to build. Because clang thinks the MMX instruction set is not enabled.

Why is clang being favoured, and how do I force the use of gcc-4.2 ?

Thanks,
R.