Creating a New Port

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Wed Apr 24 12:25:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

Hmmm, my gut reaction is 'a little tough'. The code is pretty old and doesn't really provide any of the standard, modern build systems that would make it easy (autoconf, cmake or whatever). essentially they just give you the source and thats it.. Also, there are plenty of dependencies that would have to be met first, so if you really want to go down this road, you would need to provide ports for those first. One example is CERNLIB (note, the fact it uses CERNLIB at all really demonstrates how out of date this code is). The dependency on a libshift binary is also pretty worrying and hard to satisfy via macports I would guess.

Personally I would not bother, unless you are really really into drift chambers (seriously, drift chambers ???).

Chris