gimp2 no longer installs

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Mon Aug 5 19:56:23 PDT 2013

Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> writes:

> On Aug 4, 2013, at 23:01, Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org> wrote:
>
>> Yesterday I did a sudo port selfupdate, which indicated that a.o. gimp2 was outdated. However, it fails to upgrade or install. Even when I do a sudo port clean gimp2 first. I have the variants +help_browser+python27+quartz.
>>
>> This is the part of the log file that contains the error message:
>>
>> :info:configure autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf --force
>> :info:configure configure.ac:453: warning: AM_NLS is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
>> :info:configure m4macros/intltool.m4:185: IT_PROG_INTLTOOL is expanded from...
>> :info:configure configure.ac:453: the top level
>> :info:configure configure.ac:1938: warning: PKG_PROG_PKG_CONFIG is m4_require'd but not m4_defun'd
>> :info:configure m4macros/gtk-doc.m4:67: GTK_DOC_CHECK is expanded from...
>> :info:configure configure.ac:1938: the top level
>> :info:configure configure.ac:454: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT
>> :info:configure       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>> :info:configure       See the Autoconf documentation.
>> :info:configure configure.ac:484: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0
>> :info:configure configure.ac:485: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_MSG_ERROR
>> :info:configure configure.ac:513: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_PATH_GTK_2_0
>> :info:configure configure:15311: error: possibly undefined macro: AM_NLS
>> :info:configure autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
>>
>> One thing that surprises me is that autoreconf calls /usr/bin/autoconf and not /opt/local/bin/autoconf. Is this normal?
>
> Sounds abnormal to me. /usr/bin/autoconf does not exist in current versions of Xcode anymore. What version of OSX and Xcode do you have? Have you filed a bug report in the issue tracker for this problem?

I am using XCode 4.2 on Mac OS X 10.6.8.
And I didn't file a bug report because I first wanted to find out if it wasn't a trivial problem. Which it appeared to be.

I recently has added a binpath to macports.conf so that inkscape-textext would find pdflatex in my MacTeX installation and not pull in a whole new texlive distribution. However I had copied the line from some post I found on the internet, and it had /usr/bin before /opt/local/bin. Now I have changed the order and gimp2 builds without problems. Sorry for the inconvenience.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/