Problem with gcc4.7 and call_once

Jeremy Huddleston Sequoia jeremyhu at macports.org
Fri Aug 9 08:17:18 PDT 2013

On Aug 9, 2013, at 6:27, Brian D. McGrew <brian at visionpro.com> wrote:

> Well I could be going in the wrong direction, I'm not the foremost expert
> on ports yet, but what I do know is this:
>
> If I port edit gcc48 and add --enable-libstdcxx-threads and then port
> install -s gcc48, when I run gcc -v I do see the option that I just added.
> No question, the option IS there.  But the test program still doesn't run.

Yes, I would expect there to be no change in behavior since --enable-libstdcxx-threads is on by default (thus your adding it has no effect other than to show it in 'gcc -v'

> If I rebuild gcc-4.8.1 from source by hand using the same configuration
> options from gcc-mp -v and add --enable-libstdcxx-threads at configuration
> time and do a make install over top of the existing gcc-mp, everything
> works fine.
>
> Now I'm really confused.

Yes, something is different between your out-of-tree-build and your in-tree build.  I'll try to repro your working case and then bisect the two.

It would be great if someone without GPL3phobia could look at this.  It's probably rather simple to triage with source access, but at least having a working and broken build configurations from the same sources will let me bisect the build configurations.

Thanks,
Jeremy