port won't upgrade

Terry Barnum terry at dop.com
Tue Aug 13 13:00:51 PDT 2013

I think I may have screwed something up when activating and deactivating two variants of a port. On a test machine, after running sudo port -v selfupdate, I installed a second instance of a port with a debug variant (dspam +mysql5 +debug) and it properly installed it at the latest version at 3.10.2_2.

When I deactivate this and then activate the non-debug dspam +mysql5 (which is still at 3.10.2_1) and run port outdated, it correctly shows it as needing an update but when I run sudo port upgrade dspam it immediately displays:

---> Scanning binaries for linking errors: 100.00%
---> No broken files found.

but doesn't actually upgrade it.

I've looked through the FAQ and the docs but couldn't find this problem. I tried sudo port clean dspam and then sudo port upgrade outdated, sudo port -f upgrade outdated, also sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants dspam +mysql5 but no joy.

What else can I try?

Thanks,
-Terry

Terry Barnum