highlight does not build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Aug 14 16:13:37 PDT 2013

On Aug 14, 2013, at 07:54, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:

> Yes, downgrading lua worked for me.
>
> Now, is there a way to shield the lua version from upgrades, so that I can still run "port upgrade outdated" and lua remains as-is? Otherwise I'll have to run all other upgrades individually…

Yes: keep the new lua installed but inactive, and the old lua installed and active. This will work as long as nobody commits an update to the lua port.

https://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2013-August/033198.html

(Sorry the archive has put my message all on one line…)

Hopefully eventually the highlight port will be updated to be compatible with the new lua.