kinit from mac ports not working

Brad Allison brad.allison at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 08:49:21 PDT 2013

It is a problem between Heimdal-Kerberos (built in)  and MIT-Kerberos (mac
ports)

With Heimdal I need tcp/ in front of my address on the kdc line:
kdc = tcp/10.10.....

With MIT kerberos if you have tcp/ it's can't read the address.

So I can't have a single krb5.conf that works for both.

I wish there was a way to make macports kinit use /etc/krb5.conf and make
built in Heimdal kerberos use /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos .