Bind9 error??

Stubbs Jeff jeff at cjstubbs.org
Sat Aug 17 05:56:13 PDT 2013

Hi All,

Went to upgrade my BIND install to the latest and running into a couple of problems.

Output from the terminal is:

--->  Verifying checksums for bind9
Error: org.macports.checksum for port bind9 returned: bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz does not exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/bind9
Please see the log file for port bind9 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_bind9/bind9/main.log

The file in distfile directory is bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz.html, so the error is correct. The file is only 8 KB is size, whereas if i manually download the source file from the ISC site it is 7.5 MB.
Checksumming the ISC downloaded source source file shows that the port file checksum values are correct.

All the outdated ports I upgraded installed fine, so I assuming my DNS is working.

Output from the port's main log is below:

:debug:checksum checksum phase started at Sat Aug 17 07:30:39 EDT 2013
:notice:checksum --->  Verifying checksums for bind9
:debug:checksum Executing org.macports.checksum (bind9)
:info:checksum --->  Checksumming bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz
:error:checksum org.macports.checksum for port bind9 returned: bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz does not exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/bind9
:debug:checksum Error code: NONE
:debug:checksum Backtrace: bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz does not exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/bind9
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:checksum Warning: targets not executed for bind9: org.macports.activate org.macports.checksum org.macports.extract org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:checksum Please see the log file for port bind9 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_bind9/bind9/main.log

 Any suggestions where I should try to troubleshoot next?

Jeff