Bind9 error??

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Aug 17 07:06:12 PDT 2013

On Aug 17, 2013, at 07:56, Stubbs Jeff wrote:

> Went to upgrade my BIND install to the latest and running into a couple of problems.
>
> Output from the terminal is:
>
> --->  Verifying checksums for bind9
> Error: org.macports.checksum for port bind9 returned: bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz does not exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/bind9
> Please see the log file for port bind9 for details:
>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_net_bind9/bind9/main.log
>
> The file in distfile directory is bind-9.9.3-P2.tar.gz.html, so the error is correct.

What does this file contain? It should be an HTML page of some sort that explains why the correct file was not fetched. Perhaps a server's DNS name did not resolve and you were on a network that does not report those failures correctly, or perhaps you were on a network with a captive portal and hadn't logged in yet. Various possible causes are explained here:

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/MisbehavingServers

> The file is only 8 KB is size, whereas if i manually download the source file from the ISC site it is 7.5 MB.
> Checksumming the ISC downloaded source source file shows that the port file checksum values are correct.

So then cleaning and trying again should work.

sudo port clean --all bind9