libgcrypt, apple-gcc42 & blacklisting ...

Peter Danecek Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it
Tue Aug 20 06:26:10 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade libgcrypt to 1.5.3 on my MacOSX 10.5.8 machine. The Problems are:

1. apple-gcc42 would not compile on that machine, ticket #36648;
2. libgcrypt has some compiler blacklisting logic and therefore seems to select that compiler.

As a result I cannot build libgcrypt from the box. Now, I am wondering:

1. Is there a way, to list (or to understand) the order in which compilers are applied?
   Is this documented somewhere?

2. How to append the backlist?

I tried:
	sudo port -v build libgcrypt "compiler.blacklist-append=apple-gcc-4.2"

but it is ignored.

--- snip ---
[urquell:~] petr% sudo port -v build libgcrypt "compiler.blacklist-append=apple-gcc-4.2"
--->  Computing dependencies for libgcrypt..
--->  Dependencies to be installed: apple-gcc42
--->  Building apple-gcc42
[...]
--- snap ---

Is there a way to get the list of the identifiers to use for blacklisting? Where is it documented?

Thanks!
~petr