libgcrypt, apple-gcc42 & blacklisting ...

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Aug 20 08:43:45 PDT 2013

You're asking the wrong questions. You don't really care about blacklisting; what you want to do is get libgcrypt to build, and the easiest way for you to accomplish this quickly is:

    % sudo port install libgcrypt configure.compiler=macports-clang-3.3

On Aug 20, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Peter Danecek <Peter.Danecek at bo.ingv.it> wrote:

> 1. Is there a way, to list (or to understand) the order in which compilers are applied?
>   Is this documented somewhere?

No, it's not documented.

Judging from #36648, you have Xcode 3.1.4, so the relevant fallback list in the 2.2.0 release is this:

    } elseif {[vercmp $xcodeversion 3.0] >= 0} {
        return {gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0 macports-clang-3.3}

(See https://trac.macports.org/browser/tags/release_2_2_0/base/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl#L443.)

> 2. How to append the backlist?
>
> I tried:
> 	sudo port -v build libgcrypt "compiler.blacklist-append=apple-gcc-4.2"
>
> but it is ignored.

You cannot append to options from the command line; you can only set them. So something like this might work. (I'm not sure about the quoting, to be honest.)

    % sudo port build libgcrypt compiler.blacklist='gcc-4.2 apple-gcc-4.2 gcc-4.0'

You'll note that, given the fallback list for Xcode 3.1.4, this would be equivalent to simply setting configure.compiler to "macports-clang-3.3", as I recommended at the start.

> Is there a way to get the list of the identifiers to use for blacklisting? Where is it documented?

The acceptable values for configure.compiler are listed on the wiki.

https://trac.macports.org/wiki/UsingTheRightCompiler

vq