use_autoreconf yes and autotools dependencies

Adam Mercer ram at macports.org
Tue Aug 20 08:35:26 PDT 2013

Hi

I just added "use_autoreconf yes" to a port file as I was patching the
build system however the buildbot is failing as it appears that it's
using the system autotools:

gnuscripts/lalsuite_build.m4:23: warning: macro `AM_COND_IF' not found
in library
gnuscripts/lalsuite_swig.m4:110: warning: macro `AM_COND_IF' not found
in library
gnuscripts/lalsuite_swig.m4:288: warning: macro `AM_COND_IF' not found
in library
configure.ac:188: warning: macro `AM_SILENT_RULES' not found in library
configure.ac:1: error: Autoconf version 2.63 or higher is required
configure.ac:1: the top level
autom4te: /usr/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 63
aclocal: /usr/bin/autom4te failed with exit status: 63
autoreconf: aclocal failed with exit status: 63

I was under the impression that "use_autoreconf yes" added automatic
dependencies on the autotools. Is this not the case? Do I have to add
these dependencies manually?

Cheers

Adam