Trouble installing gdal using configure.args="--with-fgdb=/path/to/FileGDB_API"

Hermann Peifer peifer at gmx.eu
Sat Aug 31 09:05:48 PDT 2013

Hi,

I want to install the gdal package with FileGDB support and things work
fine if I copy relevant third party libraries (libFileGDBAPI.dylib and
libfgdbunixrtl.dylib) and header files to /opt/local/lib and
/opt/local/include respectively.

However, I do not really want to mess around under /opt/local and prefer
to keep third party libraries elsewhere. So I tried to install gdal like
this:

$ sudo port -v install gdal
configure.args="--with-fgdb=/path/to/FileGDB_API"

Gdal's configure script then checks for
/path/to/FileGDB_API/lib/libFileGDBAPI.so rather than for
libFileGDBAPI.dylib and subsequently fails with this error message:

checking for libFileGDBAPI.so in in /path/to/FileGDB_API/lib...
configure: error: not found.
Exit code: 1

Is there something wrong in the MacPort of gdal or rather in the gdal
package itself -- or am I doing something terribly wrong?

Thanks in advance, Hermann