Installing mysql for digikam

David Lyon gtmdhl at vfemail.net
Wed Dec 11 14:12:09 PST 2013

It appears that Mysql is installed successfully. I'll now attempt to
digikam. Thanks for your guidance.
David

Remove test database and access to it? [Y/n] y
  - Dropping test database...
  ... Success!
  - Removing privileges on test database...
  ... Success!

Reloading the privilege tables will ensure that all changes made so far
will take effect immediately.

Reload privilege tables now? [Y/n] y
  ... Success!

Cleaning up...

All done!  If you've completed all of the above steps, your MySQL
installation should now be secure.

Thanks for using MySQL!

bash-3.2$

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:44:33 -0500, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>
wrote:

> Remember to Reply All so the discussion stays on the mailing list.
>

> On Dec 11, 2013, at 15:11, David Lyon wrote:
>
>> In anticipation of following the guideline which you provided to
>> install mysql5, I thought it best to make sure that I had no installed
>> components of mysql5. As you can see from below, mysql5 is installed.
>> I'm unclear what I should do now. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
>> I would like to run digikam but if it is too much bother to you or
>> others, due to my lack of sophistication using the appropriate
>> programing language, I can wait until digikam becomes packaged for Mac
>> installation @dmg.
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> David
>> bash-3.2$ sudo port uninstall mysql5
>> Password:
>> Sorry, try again.
>> Password:
>> --->  Unable to uninstall mysql5 @5.1.72_0, the following ports depend
>> on it:
>> --->    mysql5-server @5.1.72_0
>> --->    qt4-mac-mysql5-plugin @4.8.5_0
>> Error: org.macports.uninstall for port mysql5 returned: Please
>> uninstall the ports that depend on mysql5 first.
>> Please see the log file for port mysql5 for details:
>>    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_registry_portfiles_mysql5_5.1.72_0/mysql5/main.log
>> Warning: Failed to execute portfile from registry for mysql5 @5.1.72_0
>> --->  Unable to uninstall mysql5 @5.1.72_0, the following ports depend
>> on it:
>> --->    mysql5-server @5.1.72_0
>> --->    qt4-mac-mysql5-plugin @4.8.5_0
>> Error: port uninstall failed: Please uninstall the ports that depend on
>> mysql5 first.
>> bash-3.2$ sudo port uninstall mysql5-server
>> --->  Unable to uninstall mysql5-server @5.1.72_0, the following ports
>> depend on it:
>> --->    akonadi @1.11.0_0+mysql5
>> Error: org.macports.uninstall for port mysql5-server returned: Please
>> uninstall the ports that depend on mysql5-server first.
>
> If you want to run a MySQL server, it appears you’ve already installed
> the needed ports. The MAMP page tells you what to do now to set it up
> and get it running.
>
> But are you sure digikam needs a MySQL server? What happens if you run
> digikam without setting one up?

VFEmail.net - http://www.vfemail.net
ONLY AT VFEmail! - Use our Metadata Mitigator to keep your email out of the NSA's hands!
15GB disk! No bandwidth quotas!
Commercial and Bulk Mail Options!