Trouble updating gnucash to current version with quartz

Olaf Föllinger olaf.foellinger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 03:19:13 PST 2013

Hi,

during the current holidays I've tried to update my macports
installation to the current version.

I'm especially interested in GnuCash. I use the quartz version of all
ports. An earlier version of gnucash based on these settings run fine here.

I started with

$ sudo port  upgrade gnucash

solved some minor problems. Now I'm stucked at

Error: org.macports.build for port gnome-desktop returned: command
execution failed
Please see the log file for port gnome-desktop for details:

/opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnome-desktop/gnome-desktop/main.log
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port gnome-desktop failed

The problem is https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19939 "gnome-desktop
fails to build with +quartz". Since the ticket is open since 5 years
there must be a workaround to build gnucash +quartz but I cannot find it.

What should I try next?

Regards Olaf