Trouble updating gnucash to current version with quartz

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Dec 29 22:53:42 PST 2013

On Dec 29, 2013, at 05:19, Olaf Föllinger wrote:

> Error: org.macports.build for port gnome-desktop returned: command
> execution failed
> Please see the log file for port gnome-desktop for details:
>
> /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_gnome_gnome-desktop/gnome-desktop/main.log
> To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
>    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
> Error: Processing of port gnome-desktop failed

This output just tells us that an error occurred; it doesn’t tell us what error occurred. For that, we’d need to examine the main.log file.

> The problem is https://trac.macports.org/ticket/19939 "gnome-desktop
> fails to build with +quartz”. Since the ticket is open since 5 years
> there must be a workaround to build gnucash +quartz but I cannot find it.

For a ticket that has been open for a long time with no resolution, I’d assume that either the problem has been fixed by someone who was not aware of the ticket, or nobody who’s encountered the ticket knows how to fix it. If you’ve examined the main.log file and matched its contents to what’s in the ticket, then it appears to be the latter.

> What should I try next?

You could report the problem to the developers of gnome-desktop; they’re probably the ones who would have to fix it.