GNUPlot fails to build due to libcairopango and libcairo incompatibility

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Feb 13 17:55:36 PST 2013

On Feb 13, 2013, at 16:09, Alexander Rudy wrote:

> Is cairo-devel outdated?

Yes, as you see:

$ port info --name --version cairo cairo-devel
version: 1.12.14
name: cairo
--
version: 1.11.4
name: cairo-devel

> Has it been replaced by cairo?

Not using the replaced_by keyword, but certainly you should be using the cairo port, not the cairo-devel port, unless you have a specific reason not to be running a stable version of cairo.

> If not, why is it at an older version?

It is an older version because at this point in time the developers of cairo have not released a new development version.

However, I do plan to update the cairo-devel port to the latest stable version, since I have several other changes I want to commit to that port to bring it in line with the current cairo port.