Grace: Can't open display

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Tue Feb 19 12:10:32 PST 2013

Hi,

Indeed, I should have included Apples own X11 application in my list as an option, my mistake.

Basically, go to a terminal and echo the $DISPLAY

Chris-Jones-Macbook-Pro ~ > echo $DISPLAY
/tmp/launch-l2fzGH/org.macosforge.xquartz:0

if it doesn't look something like the above, then your X11 installation is screwed.

Also note you should test your X11 with a minimal application first, before Grace. i.e. run

 > xclock

at the terminal and only once that works move on to grace…

Chris