Macports stopped working after xcode 4.6 upgrade

Harald Hanche-Olsen hanche at math.ntnu.no
Thu Feb 21 00:42:39 PST 2013

[Lawrence Velázquez <larryv at macports.org> (2013-02-21 06:31:44 UTC)]

> Very annoying. I've actually filed a Radar about this.
>
> http://openradar.appspot.com/radar?id=2620402

Good.

> > (Should this be in the FAQ?)
>
> Considering that we don't recommend using /etc/paths or /etc/paths.d anywhere, I'm not sure it needs to be.

The reason would be to inform people who know about these, or discover them, may want to use them in the way I suggested. But if it doesn't satisfy the F in FAQ, then perhaps it should not be included. Tha balancing act between supplying too little information and too much is always tricky.

– Harald