Broken perl configuration

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Feb 21 18:05:55 PST 2013

On Feb 21, 2013, at 17:19, Bruce R Miller wrote:

> As much as you or I may like to stay within managed packages,
> you never can keep up with CPAN and shouldn't try.

We can and do try to keep up with CPAN actually. That's why there are almost 1000 ports whose names begin with "p5-". If any of them are out of date, or if we're missing one you need, please file a ticket. As has been said, installing things into ${prefix}, without using MacPorts, where that be by running "make install" or some "cpan" command or manually copying files there is something we recommend users not do.