any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:24:15 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 01:42:30PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 24 06:20:53, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:
> > On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:33:40PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> What exactly is your MacOSX version (uname -a)?

Darwin n5ial-1.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012;
root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

> How exactly did you try to install the binary package?

Usual procedure...open the dmg and install.  This one had a pkg file, so
I just double-clicked on it.  It then asked me which drive to install it
on---either my main hard drive or eiither of two others.
I picked the Mac OS X disk, and it said it couldn't install to that drive
because it required at least Mac OS X 10.8.

Now the kdenlive install is whining about:

--->  Unable to uninstall kde4-runtime @4.9.5_2, the following ports
      depend on it:
--->    kdenlive @0.9.4_0
      Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.

So it's rebuilding kde4-runtime, and then it should hopefully just
proceed to install kdenlive without further delay.

Ok...what is the command to run kdenlive?  The install finished with
kde4-runtime (apparently it did NOT uninstall kdenlive after all), but
it would seem that the command isn't kdenlive (and I don't know what it
is).  Oh well, I'll find it...but I obviously need to get my coffee
first[1]...my brain is clearly still asleep.  :-)

Thanks,
   --jim

[1] One of the meds I've required since cancer #1 (and will for the rest
    of my life) requires you to take it on an empty stomach first thing
    in the morning, and then it's NPO for 45 minutes to an hour...meaning
    you can't have coffee right away.  Oh well, I'm (usually) used to
    that....

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)        MiSTie #49997  < Running Mac OS X Lion >

           In light of DHS's recommendation to defend yourself
            against armed intruders with scissors, I'm giving
                 my deer rifle a new nickname: Scissors.