any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Sun Feb 24 06:01:36 PST 2013

On Feb 24 07:24:15, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 01:42:30PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> > On Feb 24 06:20:53, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:
> > > On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 11:33:40PM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
> > What exactly is your MacOSX version (uname -a)?
>
> Darwin n5ial-1.local 11.4.2 Darwin Kernel Version 11.4.2: Thu Aug 23 16:25:48 PDT 2012;
> root:xnu-1699.32.7~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
>
> > How exactly did you try to install the binary package?
>
> Usual procedure...open the dmg and install.

Why don't you try just installing the binary package?
sudo port -b install kdenlive

> This one had a pkg file, so
> I just double-clicked on it.  It then asked me which drive to install it
> on---either my main hard drive or eiither of two others.
> I picked the Mac OS X disk, and it said it couldn't install to that drive
> because it required at least Mac OS X 10.8.

Which you do have.

> Now the kdenlive install is whining about:
> --->  Unable to uninstall kde4-runtime @4.9.5_2, the following ports
>       depend on it:

Why would an install try to UNinstall stuff?
How exactly are you running this 'install'?

> --->    kdenlive @0.9.4_0
>       Warning: Uninstall forced.  Proceeding despite dependencies.

What? So you _do_ have kdenlive installed?
What's your problem then?

> Ok...what is the command to run kdenlive?  The install finished with
> kde4-runtime (apparently it did NOT uninstall kdenlive after all), but
> it would seem that the command isn't kdenlive (and I don't know what it
> is).

Know your tools. A first step might be
sudo port content kdenlive | grep bin