any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Jim Graham spooky130u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 09:05:40 PST 2013

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 05:39:46PM +0100, Jan Stary wrote:
> On Feb 24 10:27:09, spooky130u at gmail.com wrote:

> > > as opposed to macport's multimedia/kdenlive?

[extracted data leading to kdenlive.app]

> OK, so it's part of the port then.
>
> > That's what macports installed.  Should I submit a bug report, then?
>
> No, why.

Well, I got the impression from your "as opposed to..." question above
that it is NOT a .app when installed from macports.  If it's installing
as a .app for a port that does NOT install as a .app, that sounds like a
bug (in the install process) to me.  But that's just my opinion.

> drkonqi is not a separate port.
> It seems to be a part of KDE4.
>
> > So basically, kdenlive is actually kadendead, unless anyone has any ideas
> > on what's wrong and how to fix it.
>
> It's a KDE application. What can you do,
> all the KDE crap is inherent in it.

What can I do?  That's my question.....  :-)

What CAN I do to get this working?

I don't know much (read:  anything) about KDE, except that on my old
FreeBSD system, I *NEVER* got anything with KDE in the name to run
without spewing errors and then crapping out completely (until I quit
even trying to build KDE stuff from FreeBSD ports).  But then, in
FreeBSD, KDE stuff had to run in a KDE environment, which didn't work
with my window manager (back then), ctwm.  But now I'm in Mac OS X's
default wm, xquartz (or whatever its exact name is, so I'm guessing that
it should work).  Oh well.

Thanks,
   --jim

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)          | Peter da Silva:  No, try "rm -rf /"