any good audio/video editing apps in macports?

Bradley Giesbrecht pixilla at macports.org
Sun Feb 24 10:35:59 PST 2013

On Feb 24, 2013, at 9:24 AM, Jim Graham wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 12:07:14PM -0500, Brandon Allbery wrote:
>
>> KDE defaults to building native, so KDE apps end up as app bundles in
>> /Applications/MacPorts.
>
> I think I now know where I'm going wrong.  How do I need to run kdenlive?
> Do I just execute kdenlive.app?  Or do I need to run something else
> (perhaps KDE itself?) first?

If the notes for kde, dbus and other installed dependencies have been followed then I would expect double clicking /Applications/MacPorts/kdenlive.app to launch kdenlive.

What is the result of executing these commands:
$ sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.freedesktop.dbus-system.plist
$ launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchAgents/org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist
$ open /Applications/MacPorts/kdenlive.app

Regards,
Bradley Giesbrecht (pixilla)