[meta] reply to the list

Jan Stary hans at stare.cz
Tue Feb 26 12:41:18 PST 2013

If you reply to a message to this list on this list
(as opposed to off-list), please reply To: the list.

Increasingly often, I see people replying To: the original
poster, with Cc: to the list. Such a message does reach
the recipients, but

(1) it breaks the list functionality:
    none of the List-* headers is present in the message.
    Many people, me included, filter by sych headers.

(2) it is redundant - the original poster
    is subscribed to the list.

(Obviously, this is irrelevant to replies
that are willingly private and off-list.)

	Thank you

		Jan