apache versions

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 21:08:28 PST 2013

On 01/03/2013 04:22 AM, Wes James wrote:

> I looked at http://httpd.apache.org/ to see where it is at versus macports.
>
> Some questions:
>
> The current macports version for apache2 is:
>
> apache2 @2.2.22_2+preforkmpm (active)
>
> on apache.org <http://apache.org> there is 2.2.23.  How does this
> compare with macports version regarding security patches?
>
> When will macports be updated to 2.4.x?

I can't answer your question but if it makes you feel any better, Ubuntu
12.04 & 12.10, Fedora 17 & Debian Testing/Unstable are all running
v.2.2.22 as well (I've just destroyed my Spherical VMs in order to run a
new test tomorrow night & I can't remember the apache version. I'm also
waiting 'til the release to put it back on a physical machine).

Cheers,

  Phil...

--
currently (ab)using
CentOS 5.8 & 6.3, Debian Squeeze & Wheezy, Fedora Beefy & Spherical,