apache versions

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 3 00:22:00 PST 2013

On Jan 2, 2013, at 22:22, Wes James wrote:

> I looked at http://httpd.apache.org/ to see where it is at versus macports.
>
> Some questions:
>
> The current macports version for apache2 is:
>
> apache2 @2.2.22_2+preforkmpm (active)
>
> on apache.org there is 2.2.23.  How does this compare with macports version regarding security patches?

Thank you for letting me know 2.2.23 is available. I have updated the port:

https://trac.macports.org/changeset/101024

In the future you can file a ticket in the issue tracker to request a port be updated.

> When will macports be updated to 2.4.x?

Here is the ticket tracking the update to 2.4.x:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/35824

This is more than just a straightforward version and checksum update. All the apache module ports had to be tested, and some had to be updated or patched to be compatible with 2.4.x. My understanding is that this was all already tested and patches were written. Apache isn't very exciting to me at the moment so it's not a priority for me to work on this update but apache2 is openmaintainer so I am hoping someone else will evaluate the existing patches, decide they're good enough to be committed, commit them, and handle any follow-up issues that might arise.