qt3— qt4-mac conflicting ports

Eneko Gotzon Ares enekogotzon at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 13:56:08 PST 2013

Hi all :)

Two questions:

1st. Do you think a PowerPC & Mac OS X 5.8 user –like me– can ask
MacPorts for help? Most of you surely are running newer machines and
systems –now, I cannot–. I don't want disturb MacPorts.

2nd. If the answer to the previous question is "yes", then here is my
problem: installing kmymoney [1] quickly shows this error:
--->  Computing dependencies for kmymoney
Error: Unable to execute port: Can't install qt3 because conflicting
ports are installed: qt4-mac

What I must do?
·Not install kmymoney.
·File a bug report.
·To uninstall qt4-mac –it seems unwise.
·...?

Thanks. Regards.

[1] kmymoney @1.0.5, Revision 3 (kde, finance)
Variants:             no_ofx
KDE. It
                       operates in a similar way to Microsoft Money
and Quicken,
                       it supports different account types,
categorisation of
                       expenses and incomes, reconciliation of bank
accounts, QIF
                       import/export, multiple currencies and initial
online
                       banking support. Released under the GNU General
Public
                       License. KMyMoney is free software. NB: This
port contains
                       a starter .app which is located in Applications/
MacPorts
                       and ensures that permissions of .kde directory
are set
                       properly to run kmymoney.
Homepage:             http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/index-home.html
Build Dependencies:   libtool, makeicns, pkgconfig
Library Dependencies: aqbanking, kdelibs3
Platforms:            darwin
License:              GPL-2+
Maintainers:          mk at macports.org, pixilla at macports.org

--