hey I have an issue with installing macports on my mac- mn lion 10.8.2

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Wed Jan 16 07:04:26 PST 2013

> I can't reboot it.
> When I press on "shut down" an installation window opens up saying: "Your computer can't be shut down now, because software is being installed"- it refers to the MacPorts installation although I already closed it.
>
> when I force quit this window, it pops up again after I try to to shut down the mac again and again.
>
> I tried to close it by pressing the on/off button and even held it for a few seconds, but the mac still runs and this window pops up again.
>
> any idea what I can do about that?

Likely the power button wasn't held long enough (though this should be one of two last resorts since it's not as safe as it can be). Either way, you should be able to issue this in the terminal to safely reboot:
sudo reboot

If that doesn't work, yank the power cord or hold the power button longer as last resorts.