How to activate an older version of a port

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 09:32:09 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 16, 2013 at 3:21 AM, Jamie Paul Griffin <jamie at kode5.net> wrote:

> I installed mutt devel myself into /usr/local, rather than using
> Macports, I don't recall the reasons why; I haven't experienced any
> problems so far but is it likely, then, that I will?

I don't think very much requires mutt as a build dependency, so you will
*probably* be ok.  unless you also installed some of its build dependencies
there, in which case you may already have a tangled mess that will break if
the MacPorts versions of those dependencies are updated incompatibly and
some MacPorts install requires them.