How do I link with Aquaterm library for an external build?

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Wed Jan 30 02:04:40 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Jerry wrote:
> I recently deleted my AquaTerm version that was installed by the AquaTerm installer which had put a framework in /Library/Applications/Frameworks as well as things in other places. I think there might have been a link from the framework to somewhere in /usr/bin but I don't recall exactly.
>
> Now, with Aquaterm installed via Macports, I can no longer build PLplot with the Aquaterm option. (I'm a PLplot developer so I have to build Plplot from SVN and not via Macports.)
>
> I build PLplot with cmake and so I think I have to tell cmake where to find the necessary Aquaterm stuff but I don't know how to do that. When I earlier built with the /Library/Applications/Frameworks, it "just got found" somehow, but now the necessary Aquaterm library or whatever is not being found.
>
> How do I fix this? Where (and how) should I point cmake in /opt/local/ to link with the Aquaterm library?

Please try to add "-F/opt/local/Frameworks" to CFLAGS
(CXXFLAGS/ObjCFLAGS/FFLAGS/FCFLAGS) and LDFLAGS in addition to
"-framework AquaTerm" and report whether it works. I don't have any
good idea how to make this work automatically (apart from introducing
pkg-config configuration).

Apple automatically looks into /Library/Frameworks, but not into any
other place unless you provide an additional flag.

Mojca