disable binary archive downloads for ports install

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Tue Jul 23 11:46:03 PDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 08:33:16PM +0200, Freek Dijkstra wrote:
> I'm happy to file a bug report, but what is the proper behaviour in
> this case?
>
> The binary of the py32-Pillow package depends on a variant in another
> package (the python32 package). How should MacPorts distinguish
> between the two?

py32-Pillow should have a ucs4 variant and use the active_variants
PortGroup to ensure the same variants are active for python3.2 when
installing it. It should also automatically choose its default_variants
according to what an installed python3.2 (if any) has selected.

Or: We should get rid of non-ucs4 pythons in MacPorts in general. Feel
free to suggest that and Cc the maintainer of the python ports.

--
Clemens Lang