Error in staging

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jun 4 14:56:06 PDT 2013

On Jun 4, 2013, at 12:40, Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. wrote:

> Also, on a separate issue related to this port.  The source is released under a BSD license.  But the web site requires that you put in a name and  email address to download the source. For now I have just followed the example of the geoexpress-sdk port (which requires a manual download).  But, is it possible to put a mirror of the source on Macports so that it will support an automatic download?

If the developers don't wish to make it that easy to download their software, or if they want users to register to download, then MacPorts should not attempt to circumvent that. You can ask the developers if they will abolish that policy. If they will, and they offer downloads freely, then MacPorts will be automatically able to mirror their files. Or, you could see if the files have already been mirrored elsewhere, and if so, you could list that as the master_sites, assuming, as you say, the license permits that (which a BSD license would).