py33-pyqt4 32 or 64 bit???

Timothy W. Grove tim_grove at sil.org
Tue Jun 11 06:17:39 PDT 2013

I've recently installed Python 3.3 and PyQt4 on Mountain Lion using
MacPorts following the instructions found at
http://www.pythonschool.net/cxfreeze_mac/.

    *sudo port install py33-pyqt4*

Does this install a 32 or 64 bit version of Python 3.3? Do I have a
choice of versions?

The version I've installed does appear to be 64bit, but my application
uses the qt bindings for VLC which depend upon a 32 bit version of
python, and there doesn't seem to be a way around the issue at the
moment if I can't use or switch to a 32 bit python environment.
(http://wiki.videolan.org/Talk:Python_bindings)

Any comments?

Tim Grove