Macports password

Michael Nares michaelnares at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jun 17 04:12:22 PDT 2013

This is sorted now.  What I meant (sorry not being specific enough first time round) was when you type sudo port selfupdate into Terminal and it asks you for a password, as in:
Michaels-MacBook-Air:~ michael$ sudo port selfupdate
WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data lossor the deletion of important system files. Please double-check yourtyping when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.
To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.
Password:
I misunderstood, and didn't realise that I simply have to type in the login password for my mac in order to get MacPorts to update itself.