duplicate listing of ports by `port list installed'

j. van den hoff veedeehjay at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 19 03:33:53 PDT 2013

I have seen this already with 10.6 and currently with 10.8:

`port list installed' frequently reports several of the installed ports
repeatedly (I see 2-4 times) on consecutive lines (including the
`@num.num' version designation, i.e. seemingly exact duplicates). which
ports are affected looks erratic if I compare macports installation on
different machines. it only seems to be the case that there are more
duplicates on older macports installations.

I have these questions:

1.
the duplicate listings do not hint at any relevant corruption of my
macports setup, right?

2.
what is the reason for the occurrence of the duplicate listings?

3.
is there a way to get rid of the duplicates?

thanks in advance
joerg