Two active versions of py27-scipy installed

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Mon Jun 24 11:04:32 PDT 2013

On Jun 24, 2013, at 6:23 AM, David Nicholls <david at mso.anu.edu.au> wrote:

> I installed py-mayavi today, and it had problems with vtk5, the install of which needed '+python27'.  When I installed it with the variant, it reported a broken link with py-scipy. So I reinstalled py-scipy (this time v 0.12) and continued with the my-mayavi install.
>
> This appeared to go to completion but I now have two active versions of py-scipy, vis.  py27-scipy @0.11.0_2+gcc45 and @0.12.0_0+gcc47
>
> Should I uninstall the older one?

You should definitely only have one version installed, and it should be the latest. It is not normally possible to have the same port active twice. What is the output of the following?

port installed py27-scipy
port version

Why do you have 2 different gcc4x variants installed? You should really pick one, ideally gcc47, and consistently use that by adding it to your variants.conf file.

Cheers!
Frank