Media server recommendation

Dan Aldrich daldrich at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 29 09:25:06 PDT 2013

 From what you're describing, I'd look for products that can work
with imdb to pull down the movie info and build a local db of your
collection. XBMC does something like that with movie scraper add-ons.
Given time and a better processor XBMC could have worked for me.

I have the original Popcorn Hour, A-100. It's limited to IDE drives,
so never got to put all my media on it. Instead, I share it from the
mac using SMB.  It is a very neat little box. One person has a video
jukebox that works with it: http://www.treasure-cove.net/moviejukebox.htm

-d