Will tomcat6 be OK with jdk1.7?

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 14:54:39 PST 2013

I've been (futilely) been trying to get tomcat6 to work properly, with help from others on this list.

But if I succeed, will I be hiting a wall? Do I understand correctly that one cannot use Java 7 to prepare servlet classes to run under tomcat 6 -- that one must use Java 6 instead?

I'm running "Java 7", i.e., jdk1.7.0_17, and I need that in order to use Java applets in Safari.

That's because:

 - Apple disabled Java in the browser;
 - the only way of to get a working Java browser plug-in is to install from Oracle's distribution, and that's Java 7.

---
Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912