ports wget @1.14_2+ssl --continue issue

Martin Lambev fsh3mve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 01:17:29 PDT 2013

Hello guys,

I'm using ports for a while now and very happy that is available for MacOS….

Recently I had some troubles with "wget --continue http://foo" that I never had before…. After I did clean install of Mountain Lion ( because change of SSD drive) and restore from an existing HDD all my applications and files. I always receive this when I try to continue downloading with "wget -c http://boo" no matter what is the file - program, music, video..

Connecting to foo:80... connected.
Length: 471863296 (450M) [video/x-msvideo]
Saving to: ‘foo.avi’

 0% [                                       ] 0           --.-K/s   in 0s
Cannot write to ‘foo.avi’ (Success).

I did reinstall of MacPorts from package (MacPorts-2.1.3-10.8-MountainLion.dmg) , Xcode 4.6.1 is up to date, Command line tools installed (xcode461_cltools_10_86938245a.dmg), XQuartz is installed as well XQuartz-2.7.4.dmg

I tried MacPort selfupdate / update outdated, wget uninstall/install but all the same, no difference.

If I do not use "wget --continue http://foo" only "wget http://foo" then no problem, but if the transfer stops for any reason it can not continue… because "Cannot write to ‘foo.avi’ (Success)." My user is administrator, and all files are owned by my user:staff

So my question is should I uninstall/remove all ports and try to do clean install again?

I looked wget bug they mention this issue but could not find working solution altho they claim that this bug is fixed in recent version of wget?

Anyone has any Idea?

Thank you.

Martin