selfupdate fails: ghc & gcc47

Phil Dobbin phildobbin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 07:38:23 PDT 2013

Hi.

Running selfupdate results in:

'Configuring zip-archive-0.1.3.4...
Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
mtl -any
Command failed:  cd
"/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_hs-zip-archive/hs-zip-archive/work/zip-archive-0.1.3.4"
&& runhaskell Setup configure --prefix=/opt/local
--with-compiler=/opt/local/bin/ghc -v --enable-library-profiling
--with-gcc=/usr/bin/gcc-4.2
Exit code: 1'

Now I used to have ghc (haskell & haddock) installed but no longer do
but selfupdate keeps trying to install it on every upgrade & I'm getting
this error.

One other thing that is different also is that selfupdate installed
gcc47 when first running upgrade when before I only ever had Apple's
ancient version in /usr/bin.

I've tried to troubleshoot this but can't get past its insistence on
installing ghc (I take it by the look of the error message it doesn't
like /usr/bin/gcc-4.2).

Any quick fix for this would be appreciated. I have no use for ghc
unless MacPorts requires it.

Cheers,

  Phil...